Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: Mom's kitchen (Entered by Phillip Henry)
This recipe enables people without grain mills to grind wheat and make their own bread at home by using a blender to wet-mill the grain. It does require some store-bought flour but you can’t tell the difference in the taste. Enjoy!
Serves: Makes 2 loaves
Step by Step Instructions
- Blend the mixture of wheat berries and liquid for 5-6 minutes on high (adding 1/8 cups of liquid to keep it whirling or turning the blender off and on again to keep the mixture moving).
- Transfer to a bowl or mixer with a dough hook.
- Add to bowl: unbleached flour, yeast, salt, honey, oil, gluten; and mix until blended.
- Knead by hand on oiled surface or by machine 5-8 minutes.
- Shape into loaves, rolls, pizza crust, etc.
- Let rise in oiled pans 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until light brown. Enjoy!
Comments added by fellow market members.