Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Baby's Berry-Citrus Compote with Champagne Vinaigrette *NON-ALCOHOLIC!!!*
Source: Totally mine, pass or fail, this one's all on me, and I want honest critiques! (Entered by Amy Bozarth)
This is something I tossed together one morning whilst grazing through my fridge in search of … whatever, LOL!
Proper food precautions with honey and all that, don’t let your tiny toddlers steal this, just in case, or leave the honey out, and wash all fruits well, no matter the origin. Safety first!
Feel free to substitute seasonal berries! ;oD
Step by Step Instructions
- Refrigerate ALL fruits except one tangelo overnight! This is the most important step. Otherwise you'll end up with sort of a fruit... Never mind, you don't want to know!
- Crush 1/2C raspberries in small bowl with 2T sucanat, let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Add blueberries, blackberries, tangelo sections and whole raspberries to medium bowl.
- Peel and slice banana and slice strawberries, add pieces to bowl with berries and tangelo sections. cover WELL and refrigerate.
- Stir crushed raspberry/sucanat mixture well, add tangelo juice, Champagne vinegar, honey, salt, pepper and oil and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. (Mix again thoroughly each time you use - this makes enough dressing for more than one salad if you use it sparingly!)
- Toss berry mixture well, serve in dessert bowls with a topping of granola and drizzle of dressing for something refreshing and energizing that isn't TOO sweet! (Don't put the dressing over all the fruit at once... it goes back to that you-don't-want-to-know thing!
- Buon' appetito! Mangia!
Comments added by fellow market members.