Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Swiss chard and garbanzo pasta
Source: Ali's Cleaner Plate Club blog at http://cleanerplateclub.wordpress.com/2008/01/31/were-celebrating-with-chard-feta-pasta/ (Entered by Merrill Morris)
This is a great, quick, nutritious recipe. I found it online while searching for more ways to cook the delicious Swiss chard we get from Athens Locally Grown, and I’ve changed it only by adding the mushrooms and onion.
Could be vegan without the feta, of course.
Step by Step Instructions
- Get the pasta cooking.
- Wash the chard and take the stems off the leaves. Chop the stems.
- Start heating the olive oil in a skillet. Chop onion and fry for a few minutes in olive oil, then add the chard stems and chopped mushrooms, too, if you wish.
- Add the chard leaves and garlic. Sprinkle with the balsamic vinegar (add more if you like).
- Drain and rinse the garbanzos. Add to the chard mix and heat. Add more balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chard mixture on top of cooked pasta and sprinkle with feta.
Comments added by fellow market members.